Sample snippet of the report
Product ID : SDG08TK001
Published on 18 July, 2019
This is a detailed per capita income study designed to provide actionable insights on:
- Comparison of state performances
- Effect of new state formation on per capita income
- Comparative study of performance of large and small states
Correlation between per capita GDP and other development indicators at state level
This data guide is an essential tool if you are a:
- Policy maker / researcher working on understanding the state level per capita income
- Funding agency looking for insight into low/high income regions
- Ground level implementing agency looking to understand high/medium/low incomes states and their progress on other development indicators
The Gross Domestic Product of a state is a critical context in understanding social indicators for specific regions. By and large, a correlation exists between the income of a state and its performance on key social indicators.
In order to understand how this correlation plays out in India’s case, the India Data Insights team at Sattva has taken a closer look at the Per-Capita GDP figures for India at the state level. We have compared states with one another on per capita GDP as well as other key social indicators to analyse trends and spot possible anomalies in state performance.
This data guide provides insight into:
– India’s GDP per capita growth over 20+ years
– GDP per capita growth of top 5 and bottom 5 states
– Average GDP per capita in small states and in large states
– Effect of new state formation on its per capita GDP
– Correlation tables providing per capita GDP and other important development indicators at state level
Get a Premium subscription for accessing the Interactive dashboard!